Consequently, nightly hours of restriction will remain in place but the operative hours will be reduced to 10 hours for the next two nights - from 9.00pm to 7.00am each day, and will remain in place across the Dublin Region.
A further review of water levels will be conducted again on Thursday next, to determine if Stillorgan Reservoir is back to a sustainable level such that the current restrictions can be lifted.
Dublin City Council apologises for the inconvenience and is urging consumers all over the Dublin Region to help conserve water by restricting their use of water during the day as much as possible, especially over the coming days.
Some easy Water Saving Tips include:
- Keeping a jug of water in the fridge instead of running the tap - running a tap for one minute to produce one cold glass of water wastes 6 litres of water;
- Not delaying in the shower - 10 minutes in a power-shower uses 250 litres of water – two-and-a-half times more than a bath does (100 litres);
- Turning the tap off for two minutes while brushing your teeth will save 12 litres of water;
- Turn the dishwasher and washing machine on only when they have a full load;
- Minimising use of the flush on toilets and if using a dual flush system, use buttons 1 (small flush) and 2 (large flush) correctly.
For more tips please go to to TAPTIPS. Thanks, Mary